Attention Kindergarten Families!!
Please join us on August 12, 2018 at 4pm on the Walnut Creek Playground for a Popsicle Social. This is a great opportunity to meet other Kindergarten families before the start of the new year. Siblings are welcome! We will have popsicles!
Looking forward to meeting new parents and children.
The close of a school year is always a very busy time at Walnut Creek. This year was no exception. In case you missed it...
May 3 – Pioneer Day – Once again our third graders went back in time! A great event, special thanks to Rebekah Scholvin for chairing the event and Megan Moorhead for stepping in at the last minute to support the event.
Week of May 7th – Staff Appreciation – we showed a little appreciation to the awesome staff at Walnut Creek – Thanks to all the parents who donated and supported the event – Special Thanks to our chair Lori West for an amazing week.
May 8 – Once again a successful flower sale. Thanks to all our families for your support. We were able to raise $4,000!
May 9 – COSI on Wheels for grades 1 – 3 – our make-up day was held and the children very much enjoyed having the hands on COSI exhibit “Energy”!
May 14/15 – Walnut Creek Special Election – the children voted on the playground equipment for installation this summer. Choice between Red, Blue and Green. With 56% of the vote Blue won and the Omni Trinet will be installed this summer before the start of the new school year.
May 18 – Field Day – A little Rain never stopped Walnut Creek! Another successful and fun event! The children had a wonderful time.
May 22 – We bid a fond farewell to our 5th Graders with the traditional games and clap out. Make sure to check out the plaque in the Fall as a memory of their time with us at Walnut Creek.
2018 WCES Volunteer of the Year! Jenn Knisley & Allyson Miller
2018 Olentangy Community Service Award Rebekah Scholvin
Congratulations Ladies! Well-deserved recognition of all you do!!
Have a great summer everyone!!!
Carnival is Sat, 3/10, 11am-2pm
1. Silent Auction-Car Raffle ---> WIN A 2-YEAR LEASE ON A 2018 GMC TERRAIN SLE or $7,500 CASH!
Are you in the market for a car? If not, how does $7,500 cash sound? Tickets are $100 each (includes a free oil change at Chesrown) and we are only selling 150! Adults can purchase tickets in the lobby . 3/5 – 3/8, 3:30-4pm or 3/10, 11-3:30pm. Learn more at http://bit.ly/WCESCar
2. Cake Walk Donations
Calling all Cakes, cookie cakes, cookies, brownies, donuts and cupcakes... It's time for the WALNUT CREEK CARNIVAL CAKE WALK!! Please help make our carnival a success by donating goodies as prizes for this fun game! The kids gravitate especially towards decorated/frosted items! ***Please note that this is a game and not a bake sale*** If you would like to donate, please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f094ca8aa2faa8-walnut3
3. Carnival Volunteers Needed
1) Book Fair Volunteer sign up is LIVE! Please click the link to help ---> Book Fair Volunteer Signup
2) We are getting close to finalizing our PTO event chairs! We still need help in a few areas! PTO Event Chairs Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in heading up one of the vacant PTO event chairs!
4) WCES T-Shirt and Volunteer Interest Form ---> We have a 2 part form for you to complete! WCES T-Shirt & Volunteer Interest Form
- WCES PTO is purchasing a t-shirt for each student. Please complete the t-shirt information for each child by 9/21! If you submit after the deadline, you will need to pay $10/shirt
- WCES PTO wants to know how you would like to get involved! We have daytime, evening and at home opportunities!
Any questions? Please email email@example.com
4) Directory ---> Have you updated your directory information? Click on the orange button above! Please update by 9/15 to be included in hardcopy directory!
5) Room Parents ---> Larissa Bateman (Room Parent Coordinator) will be reaching out to you in the next week to schedule a meeting!
Welcome to the 2017/2018 School Year!
On behalf of the Walnut Creek Parent Teacher Organization Board, we would like to welcome you to Walnut Creek Elementary School (WCES)! Whether you are new to our school or a returning family, we hope you will have a great school year!
You are automatically a member of the Walnut Creek Parent Teacher Organization (WCES PTO) because your child is enrolled at WCES. There are no dues or membership fees.
Please feel free to contact a Board member if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!
Sarah Rupp - President, Rebekah Scholvin - Vice President, Meredith Hadley - Secretary, Gina Cribb - Treasurer and Aileen Wagner - Webmaster/Social Media.
2017-2018 PTO Board
Helpful WCES Links!
1) Facebook ---> WCES PTO Facebook
2) Order your Logo Wear online WCES Logo
3) Kroger Rewards (annual registration) ---> Kroger Rewards Enrollment
- Sign in or create an account (using the number on the back of your Kroger rewards card).
- Under account settings/account summary scroll down to bottom of page “community rewards”
- Click “Enroll”
- In Find Organization box enter “Walnut Creek Elementary” or enter “84804"
- Choose Walnut Creek Elementary PTO and click “Enroll”
4) Volunteering in the District